Saturday, June 28, 2014

The 'Weave' tradition continues; and now he has the look of a Hall of Famer

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

FROM KEITH GROLLER


It didn't exactly work out the way I wanted it to on Thursday night.
The lateness of the McDonald's Lehigh Valley All-Star Classic with all of those points being scored prevented me from going to Andy Weaver's house to file my story. I had to do it from the stadium instead.
But after it was done, I stopped by the Weave's house for our annual visit and enjoyed it as usual.
I always like to bring the Weave something and this year I brought him the Andre Reed "Once a Husky, always a Husky" shirt that the Dieruff Student Council has been selling and all Husky alumni seem to be wearing.
My father (an Allentown High grad) and son (an Emmaus grad) also got one.
I know Andy will always bleed in Nazareth Blue Eagle blue, but with Andre's big night now little more than a month away, I wanted to make the Weave -- who loves all teams in the Valley -- feel apart of it.
I actually got to see Andy twice in as many nights because I had to return to Nazareth to pick up glasses that I left/lost in the stadium. Andy's father was able to track it down for me on Friday morning and I went up there on Friday night and we had another nice chat.
This time I got to see the Weave in his new shirt, and frankly, he never looked better.

No comments: