Thursday, January 27, 2011

Requesting Help If you are able to!

FROM RAYANN VASKO OF DREAM COME TRUE:

Dear Families,

I am emailing you this email I received. If your child is currently in cancer treatment and you wish to take this survey that is fine. It is also fine if you choose to ignore it.

Thanks,
Rayann Vasko
Dream Come True
Executive Director

www.dreamcometrue.org

Your Legacy...Building Dreams
http://www.dreamcometrue.growcharity.org


-----Original Message-----
From: Katie Bigalke
Sent: Fri, Jan 21, 2011 1:17 pm
Subject: Requesting Your Help

Hello!

I e-mailed you about a month ago about my research! I hate to bother you again, but I know sometimes the holidays can be a busy time! Please give a second consideration to my research! My biggest hope is to continue spreading the word so that this information gets to the right hands. Thank you!

My name is Katie Bigalke, and I am a counseling psychology doctoral student at The University of Southern Mississippi. I am requesting the participation of mothers of children in active cancer treatment to complete the following study. The purpose of this research is to gain a better understanding of factors that may influence the stress that parents of children with cancer experience.

Please forward this information on so that we can gain the perspectives of as many mothers of children in active cancer treatment as possible. A one dollar donation to pediatric cancer research will be donated for every completed survey. Your privacy is important to us, therefore this study is completely confidential. To access the survey, please use the following link: https://www.psychsurveys.org/usmparenting/motherexperience

Any help that you can provide us is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and patience. Your struggle is my passion and I hope to be able to make a difference in the future. Questions concerning the research should be directed to Katie Bigalke at KLBigalke@gmail.com or Bonnie C. Nicholson, Ph.D. at Bonnie.Nicholson@usm.edu. This project and this consent form have been reviewed by the Institutional Review Board.

I have attached the IRB approval as well.

Again, to access the survey, please use the following link: https://www.psychsurveys.org/usmparenting/motherexperience
Thank you so much for your time and any help you can provide!!

- Katie

--
Katie Bigalke
Counseling Psychology Doctoral Student
University of Southern Mississippi

KLBigalke@gmail.com

No comments: