Sunday, November 28, 2010

KEITH GROLLER'S NFL PICKS AND A EASTON RECAP!

FROM KEITH GROLLER

First of all, I have to express my appreciation to Stacy Shiffert. She's the business/travel manager for Lehigh University and she did an absolutely spectacular job arranging Lehigh's charter flight and all other details for the football team's trip to Northern Iowa.

You talk about things going off without a hitch.

Everything went like clockwork. She must have learned a thing or two about organization and attention to detail from her father, who also happens to the head coach of the Easton football team.

I am just amazed that I could be leaving a dome stadium in Cedar Falls, Iowa at 5 p.m. and be back in my car in the parking lot at the Lehigh Valley International Airport just before 9 p.m.

I know Stacy hated to miss her father''s game against Whitehall. She was getting regular reports. My guess is that she got back in time to join in the celebration.

What a well-deserved celebration it was after that stirring victory in the District 11 4A championship, although I do feel bad for Whitehall. I came to appreciate that team as well and their scrappiness. To lose a heartbreaker like that after losing their quarterback -- tough, tough deal.

But I continue to be amazed by what Easton does every year with this two-in-three and three-in-eight days stuff. What a range of emotion they experienced in about a 57-hour period.

That should be a dandy in Philly next week as the Rovers go for revenge against La Salle.

As for me, the NFL picks got off to a so-so start on Thursday.

The good news is that I got the three winners right. I am now 86-74 outright on the season.

The bad news is that I was 1-2 against the spread; now a ridiculous, unexplainable 70-84-6 against the spread on the season. I was also 2-1 on the under/over, but still a disappointing 75-84-1 on totals on the season.

HOME TEAMS IN CAPS

Minnesota (-2) 30, WASHINGTON 21 -- Over the 43.5.

Pittsburgh (-6.5) 27, BUFFALO 17 -- Over the 43.

HOUSTON (-6) 24, Tennessee 17 -- Under the 47.

NY GIANTS (-7) 31, Jacksonville 14 -- Over the 44.

CLEVELAND (-9.5) 23, Carolina 17 -- Over the 37.5

BALTIMORE (-7.5) 17, Tampa Bay 9 -- Under the 42.

Philadelphia (-3) 34, CHICAGO 24 -- Over the 43.

Green Bay (+1.5) 30, ATLANTA 21 -- Over the 47.5

OAKLAND (-2.5) 24, Miami 17 -- Over the 38.

SEATTLE (+2) 21, Kansas City 17 -- Under the 44.5

DENVER (-3.5) 31, St. Louis 19 -- Over the 44.5

Sunday Night

INDIANAPOLIS (-2.5) 31, San Diego 24 -- Over the 50.5

Monday Night

ARIZONA (+1) 24, San Francisco 19 -- Over the 40.

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

No comments: