Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WRESTLING FEEDBACK

Feedback from wrestling fans, though mostly negative, is much appreciated'

By Mike Blouse

January 26, 2010

Nazareth coach Dave Crowell is pondering whether he agrees with "My 2 Cents" that wrestling is a boring sport.Just read it. That's my motto.

And better yet, comment. Good or bad, positive or negative ... really doesn't matter; all feedback is welcome. At least you've shown you care enough to respond.

So, with that in mind, let me share some of the fan feedback I've received in the past week. Some of it is in response to this blog, and some of it was sent directly to my e-mail at mblouse@express-times.com.

"Dear Mr. Trying-to-be-a-Wrestling-Guru Blouse: Once again you have not worked up and smelled the roses. God forbid a 2A school could be ranked above one of your wonderful 3A schools. Give credit where credit is due. Put your love life aside with Daubert, Magditch, G.I. Jody and start loving Kupec. After all, he was coach of the year. In case you are still living in a cave, P'burg lost another match last night to national power Kittatinny. ... You should be fair to all the children. They all are children of God regardless of a single A that seperates (sic) them."
Someone thinks the team rankings are unjust, I suppose.

"Boring? Say it ain't so. I imagine you took a couple hits for this one."
This comment is in regards to the "My 2 Cents" portion on my column in last Wednesday's Express-Times. I called wrestling boring? Ha! I guess I did. Nazareth coach Dave Crowell also noticed what I wrote in the very last sentence of my column. Thanks for reading all the way through, Coach Crowell.

"Blouse, you want a fan? You know nothing about the sport. You make jokes (bad ones at that) and you pick clear favorites in your rankings. Last season, Horan and Marino got first-team honors. How? Horan beat him twice head's up, he's the clear better wrestler, but you have to give it to both of them? You're a fool, and have no clue about wrestling. You also favor Jersey kids like they are God's gift to earth, and always give them the nod. I had to make this account so someone actually told you how it was. You are an awful wrestling reporter. Quit your job and do us all a favor."
Well, I can handle everything except the part about bad jokes! What?

This was just a sampling. There is more, and much more negative feedback on the District 11 forum and the PennLive.com forum. Keep it coming (and keep it here, in the new wrestling forum on lehighvalleylive.com). Oh, and thank you.

Mike Blouse from the Express Times

No comments: