Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mary Stoker Smith On leaving CBS 3

Former CBS3 news anchor, Mary Stoker Smith, whose last time on the air was Sunday night, spoke about her disappointment in her contract not being renewed. In an email she wrote:

“I would love to stay in Philadelphia, but wouldn’t be opposed to moving closer to home (Wisconsin) and am very familiar with Chicago.

It’s been a very emotional day for me. I didn’t expect to feel so sad and so much anxiety over this. I had an idea the lay-off may be coming, but you don’t feel the full impact until it actually happens. I’ll miss my co-workers very much, they are the best. I feel like I’ve lost several friends. This is, however, what we sign up for in the news business, a life of uncertainty and the possibility the job may last only a few years. That said, there’s nothing else I’d rather do. Someone said today, “Are you crazy?” I said, well maybe a little, but I love it! I love being out there in the public eye and hearing people’s stories and sharing their lives. It’s really a privlege.”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to see you leave. My husband and I really enjoyed hearing and watching you relaying the news on CBS. You will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Shame she's gone. I liked her. They should have put her on with Suzanne Barnett. I'd never miss the news.

Anonymous said...

Mary was my favorite. She has a terrific voice for giving the news.

Anonymous said...

thanks phillys fox affiliate, we now have the hottest news caster in the biz, right here in little ole milwaukee.oh buy the way, the phillies suck

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo annoying and fake

yanmaneee said...

yeezy 500
supreme new york
nike air max 90
kyrie shoes
adidas stan smith men
nike air max 2018
coach factory outlet
fila shoes
timberland outlet
kyrie 6 shoes

theteeski said...

high end replica bags u39 s7h94z1n87 high end replica bags g04 k0v01k3g11 best replica designer m17 f6k17e9o89