Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Paul Marcinkowski

SAD NEWS REPORTED FROM KEITH GROLLER OF MORNING CALL:

Very, very sad to hear today of the sudden passing of Northampton High athletic trainer Paul Marcinkowski.

At this point, I have few details other than he was found in his home; perhaps a heart attack victim. I don't even know his age, but my guess is that Paulie was in his late 40s like me.

All I can say about Paulie is that he was a friendly guy; the kind of guy you knew you could count on.

And he was much more than a trainer for Northampton, he was a goodwill ambassador the school. If I had a question and AD Mike Schneider wasn't around, or a coach, you went to Paulie. He always knew who was where and what game was going on when.

Last time I talked to him was about two months ago when he was announcing a senior night softball game at Northampton and he was excited to be apart of it. We sat side-by-side in that booth aside of the K-Kids' dugout at Skip Nicholas Field. Paule made it an enjoyable night.

Although I know he went through a divorce, he was one of those guys who always seemed upbeat and positive all of the time. We could always use more people like that.

I'm sure the Northampton sports community is hurting and so many coaches and kids will be deeply saddened as news spreads even to hundreds of past Northampton athletes and coaches..

It was a tough year in that community with some major losses and now they'll have to rally around again.

Paulie will be missed.

Reported by, Keith Groller of the Morning Call

No comments: